With Tame Test Anxiety: Confidence Training for Tests audio files, you'll use visualization and proven relaxation techniques to score your highest on any academic test. These skills apply whether you are taking the ACT, the PSAT, the SAT, or any other standardized test. They'll even work in regular classes, as they help you conquer the anxiety that may be holding you back from doing your best.
The audio files include the following:
Use the files in sequence to build your confidence and allow your skills to shine.
Richard Driscoll, Ph.D., has worked with anxiety reduction over several decades, beginning with his graduate research which suggested that vigorous physical activity and a sense of challenge can strengthen an anxiety reduction protocol. He combined these features into an "anxiety reduction and confidence training" procedure, which ongoing research has found to be particularly powerful in lowering anxiety and improving test scores.
In four separate studies with 50+ highly anxious college students, the Tame Test Anxiety training produced an average 12 percentile or half a letter grade benefit.
* Driscoll, R., B. Holt, & L. Hunter (2005). Accelerated Desensitization and Adaptive Attitudes Interventions and Test Gains with Academic Probation Students. 10, 13pp.
* Driscoll, R. (2006). stars–pac Accelerated Anxiety Reduction: Rationale and Initial Findings. ERIC, 11, 18 pp.
* Ginger Evans, G. Ramsey, R. Driscoll (2010). Test-Anxiety Program and Test Gains with Nursing Students, ERIC, . 7pp
* Driscoll, R. & B. Holt (2012). Automated anxiety control promotes student retention. A replication, ERIC, 3pp.
* Bowman, N., R. Driscoll (2013) Test Anxiety Reduction and Confidence Training: A Replication.
Are you just a little nervous about tests or totally freaked out? Maybe you're not sure whether the way you feel is really test anxiety or something else.
The "Westside Test Anxiety Scale" will help you sort it out. Take this free survey, then analyze your results with the easy-to use scale.